Dell is good brand for laptops, and because of the following reasons, we have to search for drivers on internet:
- Bought a new Dell laptop
- Reinstalled a new Windows OS
Well this is how you get your laptop up and working:
- Turn your laptop upside-down, for my laptop it was just directly straight from the lights, you will see “Made in China”, Write down the Model_Name. Mine is 15 N5040.
- Next, just below that code you will see Service Tag (S/N), also write that one down.
- Go to Google and type “Dell Drivers Model_Name Service_Tag site:www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/” The site is where Dell Drivers are located.
- Click on the first link that appears on your results page.
- Copy paste the Service Tag into the area indicated below the Submit.
- Now scroll down and on the Operating System, click on the drop-down menu and choose the one you have on your PC.
- Wait 20seconds, depending on the INTERNET speed for the page to refresh, you will notice a slight change.
- Whatever driver your missing, you will get it below the under different categories: Application, Audio, BIOS, etc. Click on the category or just click on Show All to view the whole list.
- If you know what driver you want, click Download on it.
- Chill for it to download. After that, double-click on the downloaded setup and follow instructions ’till the end.
Hope that helps.